44: Episode 44 – Collective Purpose – The team, the mission and the moment – Free Radicals Paramedic Podcast
Scott is immensely proud of his service in the US Marine Corps. We know that he misses it. He talks about this thing that he misses, this thing that since leaving the military he has never been able to find. So what was this thing? It was collective purpose. The idea that every member of the team, those to your left, to your right, the leaders, the followers, everyone was collectively focused on the mission. The collective purpose existed because they believed that someday there would be a moment where all the training, all the focus, all the sacrifice would be the difference between failure and success. Success in that moment, would be one of the greatest accomplishments of one’s life. Scott send us a quote of that moment, described by a young marine during the Battle of Peleliu in 1944. We had a chat about it all one day, and decided we would release our chat as a podcast.
- 44: Episode 44 – Collective Purpose – The team, the mission and the moment
- 43: Episode 43 – Occupational Violence in Paramedicine with Peter Drew
- 42: Episode 42 – The world of comms, a vital piece of the pie, with Tori and Tammy
- 41: Episode 41 – The paramedic education paradigm with Andy, Sandy and Georgina
- 40: Episode 40 – Extended care practice, a model for the future with David Krygger